Crisis Response – OBS SHIELD
From time to time, our work requires us to travel to highly dangerous territories going through political turmoil or under threat of terrorism. For this reason we decided to offer OBS Shield, a Crisis Response package that provides support for people en route to areas of high risk. OBS offers assistance in the instance of being involved in violent crimes, wrongful detention, mysterious disappearance, kidnapping, blackmail, extortion, political threats, hijacking and acts of terrorism.
- Deployment of response specialists to consult on severe incidents
- Report emergency and get advice 24/7
- Organisation of security resources
- Communicate with third parties when required
- Overseeing and telephone guidance during a crisis
- Crisis Consultant Services given up to 30 days (10 days in case of terrorism)
- OBS Shield covers these services up to USD250,000, while the Consultant Service Provider organizes the reimbursement for any extra approved expenses.
The Consultant Service Provider (or a Protected Person executing their explicit instructions) incurring further costs will be reimbursed up to USD15,000. This could include:
- Fees incurred to temporarily retaining security guards for the sole purpose of protecting Protected Person(s) located in the crisis territory
- Costs relating to emergency political evacuation
- Legal expenses
- Independent interpreter’s fees and expenses
- Travel and accommodation relocation costs
- Costs covering emergency medical care for the twelve months following the specific crisis
What is OBS Shield?
OBS Shield is a Crisis Response package that offers assistance regarding violent crimes, wrongful detention, mysterious disappearance, kidnapping, blackmail, extortion, political threats, hijacking, and acts of terrorism.
What is a crisis?
A crisis is any decisive, unstable or crucial time resulting from an unforeseen situation which has directly caused or has the potential to cause serious bodily harm, detention or death.
What should I do in a crisis?
Call us. Have a system already in place to let someone know you’re OK, a code the bad guys can’t break. If you can’t communicate with us, your people back home can.
Who is eligible?
Anyone can purchase OBS Shield.
How about children under 18?
Parents, guardians and legally-responsible adults can add kids who reside with them to their policy at the full adult price.